Theme of Expo
Name of Expo：2018 Canada-China Tourism ＆Cultural Exchange Expo
Location: Canada place (or Olympic Oval)
Organizer: Canada-China Tourism Expo Association(CCTEA)
Guest: Ministry of Culture of China, China National Tourism Administration, Ministry of Canadian Heritage, Ministry of Small Business and Tourism, Ministry of Innovation, Science, and Economic Development, Destination Canada, etc.
Theme：To celebrate friendship, prosperity, multi-culture and development in the Canada-China Year of Tourism
Purpose:To facilitate the cultural exchanges between Canada and China, create new tourism options, introduce local recreational products, outdoor and cultural products. We also strive to promote Chinese cultural products in Canada and attract Chinese tourism and cultural products into Canada. We would like to uncover untapped market potential and create a platform where all the providers and consumers across the globe can interact directly, to explore the current status and development of contemporary arts and build a bridge for the general public to have more exposure to both Western and Chinese cultures.
Canada-China Tourism Expo Association（ CCTEA）
Who We are
As an international platform for tourism and cultural exchange, CCTEA is created during the 2018 Canada-China Year of Tourism to advocate and promote international tourism and economic exchanges.
The establishment of CCTEA is dedicated to providing a platform for businesses to share and exchange resources between China and Canada. CCTEA supports individuals and businesses in various industries who are willing to join and support the Canada-China tourism exchange activities.
Federal Minister of International Trade, Francois-Philippe Champagne, pointed out that, in 2016 Chinese President Xi Jinping said that as many as 700 million Chinese would travel abroad in the next five years. They believe that tourism and education are the priorities of the trade relations between Canada and China.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is confident about the development of the tourism industry in both countries, and announced that Canada has opened 7 new visa application centers across China. In the future, it will be more convenient for Chinese people to travel to Canada.
- As the Canadian and Chinese economies share closer ties, in 2016, Premier of the People's Republic of China, Li Keqiang, and the Canadian Prime Minster, Justin Trudeau, announced that 2018 would be the Canada-China year of tourism. With a goal to expand the collaboration between the two countries, according to the memorandum signed by the two countries, the two governments agreed to double the number of visitors to both countries by 2025. In the meantime, China and Canada will both hold cultural events, including exhibitions, musical and theatrical performances.
- On the morning of December 4, 2017, the logo of the 2018 “China-Canada Year of Tourism” was officially released in Beijing. The visiting Canadian Prime Minster, Justin Trudeau, along with Director of China National Tourism Administration, Li Jinzao, the Canadian House of Representatives and Minister of Small Business and Tourism, Bardish Chagger, unveiled the logo together.
- On December 8th, 2017, CCTEA was officially created in response to the new policy announced by the two national leaders. Consequently, the first Canada-China Tourism ＆Culture Exchange Expo is organized by CCTEA to promote the integration of multi-culturalism between the two countries, and facilitate exchanges between talents and businesses.
Canada-China Cultural Celebration Event
Canada-China Tourism Expo
Canada-China Multi-field Exhibition
Day 1 Day 1Opening Ceremony(morning)、Exhibition(all day)、Forum(afternoon)、Auction(afternoon)
Day 2 Day 2Exhibition(all day)、Forum(afternoon)、Auction(afternoon)
Day 3 Day 3Exhibition(all day)、Forum(afternoon)、Auction(afternoon)、Closing Ceremony(afternoon)
- Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
- Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons and Minister of Small Business and Tourism
- Ministry Of Canadian Heritage
- Destination Canada
- Destination BC
- Ministry of Culture of China
- China National Tourism Administration
- Embassy of the People’Republic of China in Canada
- Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Vancouver
|Outdoor Sports||Main supporting service industries for tourism industry, such as aviation, hotels and tourist attractions|
|Cultural Media||In respond to the “Go Abroad ”policy, conducting the interdisciplinary research on networks, new media and digital media and promoting the international media cooperation|
|Traditional Art||Expanding the overseas influence of intangible cultural heritages|
|Contemporary Art||Promoting cultural exchanges through art appreciation and building a bridge to connect Chinese and western culture and art|
|International Financial Payment System||A RMB cross-border payment platform using customer experience as the core, to promote international tourism and financial cooperation|
|Technology / High-spend Rail||Promote high-tech communication and regional cooperation|
|Retirement / Education||Expanding consumption on tourism, cultural education and retirement training, adding more value on tourism, promoting industrial exchanges in the public sectors such as medical facilities and pension services|
|Environmental protection/ Agriculture||Actively exchange environmental protection ideas to promote agricultural transformation and upgrading|